My name is Madeline Hunter, I work for Jamie and Bo Mullen at Harbor Life Chiropractic. They are all about wellness, and I am all about eating two cans of Pringles and calling it dinner. We decided it would be a fun experiment to see if I could make it 45 days following their nutrition plan and workout schedule, which will involve kick boxing classes and at-home exercises.
I have a pretty crazy schedule, which means my workouts will have to happen early. Like, 6:30 a.m. early. I need to mentally prepare for this challenge, so I have been setting my alarm for 6 a.m., then dozing off until I have to really wake up to go to work, which I realize is not super productive. My goal for the next week is to get up at 6, go for a walk around the block, and make breakfast. The thing is, I hate waking up in the morning, I have been asking around to see what I can do to become a better morning person.
Here are the tips I got:
1. Wake up an hour earlier then you plan to be out the door.
– Advice from Dr. Bo (yea right, I will certainly not be waking up at 5:30)
2. Wake up and stretch to increase blood flow to your muscles
– Advice from the world wide web (I can totally do this one – I already stretch out my arms to hit “snooze”)
3. Write down three goals the night before
– Advice from Dr. Jamie (I think this is a great idea because I can do it at night!)
Follow this blog to learn fitness and nutrition tips, but mainly follow this blog to hear me complain about how hard being healthy is.The official start day is September 15, if this challenge seems up your ally, feel free to do it with me madelineRhunter@gmail.com, its always great to have someone to complain with!